In the frenzy that is gradually leading you to your wedding, I’ve gathered some pointers that will help you relax a little. You don’t want all your wedding pictures to be ‘portraits of an exhausted person’.
This International Yoga Day, take a breath, relax and enjoy your wedding!
THE 30-DAY YOGA REGIME
I have selected 3 asanas for the bride-to-be that will lead to a zero-stress, happy body! When practiced for 30 days right before the wedding, these will help with your posture, your health and a calm mind.
• Downward facing dog pose or Adho Mukha Svanasana
It’s a mild inverted arch pose that builds or rebuilds your strength, while stretching the whole body. This pose is an essential after a long day of running around.
• Staff pose or Dandasana
This strengthens your core, stretches your shoulders and chest—exactly what you need to let go of the unknown weight you have been carrying around on your shoulders, while going about your preparations. It also improves your posture for the wedding ready body you need!
• Plank pose or Phalakasana
And the final pose to achieve your picture perfect body! This pose tones your abdominal muscles and strengthens your arms and spine. While it’s harder than the rest, my favourite challenge is to add an extra count of 10 every time!
THE 20-DAY DIET REGIME
Eating right for 20 days is quite easy and makes a lot of difference! Here’s a diet plan you can begin three weeks prior to your wedding.
• Eat lots of fruits, mostly as your breakfast and evening snack. They will help detox your body.
• Give up on Sugar! Completely. It might get hard nearer to the wedding with relatives chasing you with mithais, but even a couple of weeks of zero-sugar is noticeable on your body and skin.
• Eat sautéed vegetables for one of your meals, rather than deeply cooked lunches/dinners. And avoid deep fried things for the other meal as well.
• NO CHEAT MEALS. It’s less than 3 weeks to your wedding! You can do this.
THE 10-DAY BEAUTY REGIME
It’s simple, really. Begin and end each day with a CTM routine (Cleansing, Toning, Moisturizing), drink lots of water, exfoliate your skin once in 3 days and wake up to your healthy, happy skin staring at you through your mirror on the big day!
A VERY HAPPY AND HEALTHY WEDDING TO YOU!